What are the 6 Most Common Non-Immigrant US Visas?

Dear friends,

What is a non-immigrant visa? It is a visa for foreigners who want to come or remain in the United States on a temporary basis for a specific period of time or purpose. As opposed to an immigrant visa petition which will grant a Green Card or permanent US residency, allowing the foreigner to remain in the US permanently.

There are many types of non-immigrant visas for the US which are classified in different categories, depending on the reason of your stay in United States (business, studies, family, etc.) and other factors. These visas may allow you and your immediate relatives to live and work legally in the US on a temporary basis, depending on the type of visa you are granted.

Our immigration lawyers at FitzGerald Law Company are specialized in obtaining non-immigrant visas for those who want to live and work in the United States temporarily. The next infographic explains the 6 most common non-immigrant US visas:


If you think that you meet all the requirements and want to apply for a non-immigrant visa call our office to schedule an appointment today at 617-303-2600 (ext. 0) or request an appointment with one of our highly qualified lawyers in Boston, MA. We can also help you or your family members with any legal problem in the areas of Criminal Defense, Personal Injury or any other Immigration Process.


Desmond P. FitzGerald,
And the FitzGerald Law Company Team

Successful track record serving the Massachusetts Community for over 20 years with all their legal needs in Immigration, Criminal and Personal Injury Law

Read Previous Newsletters

StatisticsReview of Fitzgerald & Co
twitterfacebooklinkedingoogle plusyoutube