If you are interested in a career with our firm, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Gloria Lara [Email: glara (at) fitzgeraldlawcompany (dot) com]. Please indicate the position or area of interest: attorney, paralegal or administrative.
Please note that Spanish fluency is a requisite for any position at our firm. Please specify in your cover letter your level of fluency in Spanish and any other languages you speak. We are a fully bilingual law firm.
Bilingual Administration and Collections Associate
Our firm is seeking an Administration and Collections Associate who is bilingual (Spanish/English) and wants to play a major role in managing the office. The ideal candidate enjoys working directly with people from different cultures, is highly organized and motivated, is attentive to detail, is ready to undertake great responsibility, and is eager to learn and develop in the business aspect of managing a law firm.
Our office offers a friendly, team-oriented, flexible and professional work environment. Our company offers health, disability, retirement and transportation benefits.
A key member of our team, responsible for different tasks in the administration of the firm and handling day to day relationships with vendors and clients. The Administration and Collections Associate acts as primary support to the Executive Director assisting her with the following:
- Meeting with new clients for contract signing and establishing payment plans
- Creating new cases in the system and new case files
- Preparing client invoices, billing statements and correspondence
- Receiving client payments and making deposits
- Making Collection Calls and following Collections Process
- Maintaining the client information database
- Monitoring the office calendar and important case dates
- Receiving incoming correspondence and assigning it to the proper case manager
- Assisting with accounts payable and vendor relations
- Assist with marketing, human resources and business development projects
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering office supplies
- Answering calls and assisting customers
- Assisting with the overall efficient operation of the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English (other languages a plus)
- Pays attention to detail without compromising efficiency
- Practical and effective in handling business relationships with vendors
- Great problem-solving and interpersonal and client relations skills. (Enjoys helping people in difficult circumstances).
- Enjoys calling clients over the telephone
- Very organized, meticulous and enjoys learning
- Likes working in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Internet applications
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other accounting software a plus
- College or associate degree preferred
- Prior administrative experience preferred
Our firm seeks full time bilingual paralegals who speak Spanish (Portuguese also a plus) in addition to English, enjoy working directly with clients from different cultures, are ready to undertake great responsibility, and are eager to learn and develop in the legal field. Our office offers a friendly, respectful and flexible work environment, a dedicated team, an interesting and varied caseload, and a compensation package that includes health insurance, disability/life insurance, and retirement benefits. This is also an opportunity to assist individuals from an array of cultures and backgrounds that need legal representation.
Paralegal Job Description
A key member of our team, responsible for handling day to day relationships with clients, the paralegal works under direct supervision form attorneys and assists them with:
- General case management
- Organizing and maintaining case documents and files for easy retrieval
- Monitoring important case developments and dates
- Preparing immigration forms and supporting documentation
- Preparing client, government agency, insurance, and court correspondence
- Maintaining clients informed on the status of their case and assisting in management of client expectations
- Following case processes
- Answering calls and qualifying potential new clients
- Keeping track of time spent on cases and their status
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish, Portuguese and English
- Pays attention to detail without compromising efficiency
- Good research, organization, and problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal and client relations skills. (Enjoys helping people in difficult circumstances).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet applications
- Knowledge of other legal software a plus
- BA degree and/or paralegal education preferred
- Some experience with immigration law preferred
Our firm seeks attorneys that are licensed to practice in Massachusetts, fluent in Spanish and preferably with one or more years of immigration and criminal litigation experience. Candidates need to be driven, organized, with great client relations and be able to manage deadlines and multiple cases.
Our office offers a friendly work environment, a dedicated team, an interesting and varied caseload and an opportunity to gain significant first hand court room experience. The compensation package includes health insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance and retirement benefits. This is also an opportunity to assist individuals from an array of cultures and backgrounds that need legal representation.
Please e-mail your resume to the attention of Gloria Lara and please state your level of Spanish fluency in the subject line.
Marketing/Administration Internship at Immigration Law Firm – Spanish fluency required
Great opportunity to get hands-on marketing and general administration experience to build up your resume. The marketing intern will help the Executive Director with all aspects of the marketing and administration of a small Boston immigration law firm. The marketing portion will concentrate on online marketing initiatives including the maintenance of our social media presence and our Web site, our email newsletter, our Adwords campaign, and work with traditional media (TV, radio, & video) and direct mail campaigns. The administration portion will include helping with the maintenance of our internal client database, organization of office files and assisting the paralegals and administration staff as needed. Ideally we are seeking a person who is also fluent in Spanish as most of our marketing is bilingual in nature and we use Hispanic traditional media. This internship is unpaid and requires a commitment of 10-15 hours per week minimum. Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Gloria Lara and please state your level of Spanish fluency in the subject line.