10 Car Accident Facts
Car accidents have unfortunately become a common element in today’s society and Massachusetts is no exception. When an accident happens due to someone else’s recklessness, carelessness or negligence and you suffer bodily injuries you may be able to make a personal injury claim against the negligent party that caused the accident and a personal injury lawyer can help you obtain the most compensation for those injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it’s very important to contact the personal injury lawyers at FitzGerald Law Company.
Car accidents can have a major impact on persons lives, and the following are 10 alarming statistics that are not as commonly known:
- Every day nearly 135 million cars are on the road in the United States.
- 40% of all fatal accidents in the U.S. involve alcohol.
- Rollover accidents are the deadliest car accident type.
- Men cause twice as many accidents as women do.
- When you talk on a cell phone, you increase your chances of an accident by 400%.
- Teens are at a higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents.
- Most car accidents occur within five miles from your home.
- 1 in 7 people don’t wear a seatbelt while driving.
- Seatbelts cut the risk of injury during an accident by 50%.
- In the time it took you to read this list, there have been four car accidents. Every 14 seconds, an injury is sustained in a car accident and every 12 minutes a fatality occurs.
Car accidents may be the deadliest of all common accidents and may cause the most personal injuries. When they occur, you will benefit from an experienced accident attorney on your side.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today
At FitzGerald Law Company, we speak on your behalf and allow you to take the necessary time to heal. We are also committed to protecting your legal rights every step of the way. We will work diligently in order to get you the compensation you deserve. We are on your side and can make the greatest impact to bringing you the compensation that is rightfully yours in these types of cases. To schedule a consultation to learn more about what we can do for your claim or lawsuit, call (617)303-2600 today. We serve Boston, East Boston, Malden, Everett, Revere, Saugus, Lynn, Cambridge, Somerville, Quincy, Jamaica Plain, Brookline, Newton, Waltham, Watertown, Framingham, Lowell, Lawrence, and all of the communities in and surrounding Massachusetts.