All You Need to Know before you File a Personal Injury Claim from a Motor Vehicle Accident in Massachusetts
Although many of you know us for our immigration and criminal defense work, our firm has also been representing individuals to obtain compensation for injuries suffered as a result of the negligence of others, since our inception as a law firm in 1997. Many cases we have handled have been for injuries sustained as a result of car accidents, but others have been for injuries as a result of defective machinery or products, negligent maintenance of premises, intentional acts of violence, medical malpractice, animal/dog bites, etc.
To help educate the general public and immigrants on who is eligible to bring a personal injury claim in Massachusetts and how the process works, we have developed a new Frequently Asked Questions section on the Personal Injury practice area of our Web site and we wanted to share a few of the most common questions and answers with you (if you click on the question you will get the answer). These include:
- Who can bring a personal injury claim as a result of a car accident in Massachusetts?
- What are the steps involved in a personal injury claim and how is my personal injury claim processed?
- How long does a personal injury case take to complete in order to receive compensation for a personal injury?
- What do I do with medical bills I receive as a result of the accident?
- I am an undocumented immigrant in the U.S., will I get in trouble if I bring a claim if I have been injured/hurt in a motor vehicle accident, a fall, or by a defective product or a dog bite?
- What happens if my car insurance is in another person’s name because I am an undocumented immigrant, can I still bring a claim due to a car accident?
- Can I receive compensation from a personal injury case if I do not have a driver’s license?
Generally in Massachusetts, the law requires an individual to have incurred at least $2,000 in reasonable medical care expenses to be eligible to file a claim and you must not be at fault for the accident to receive compensation. Over our years of experience, our Boston Personal Injury/Accident lawyers have consistently delivered successful results, as evidenced by our High Client Ratings from satisfied clients.
If you believe to be eligible to file a personal injury claim, please call 617-303-2600 and schedule an appointment for a Consultation with one of our Massachusetts personal injury attorneys, or fill our online appointment request form.
Thanks for being a loyal subscriber to our newsletter and remember we are here to assist you with any immigration, criminal or personal injury matter you encounter.
The FitzGerald Law Company Team