L-1 Visa Boston Laywers
Contact FitzGerald Law Company for legal representation on L-1 Visas in Boston, Mass. for Intra-Company Transfers
- What Is the L-1 Visa?
- Who Is Eligible for L-1A and L-1B Visas in the US?
- What is the duration of L-1A and L-1B Visas?
- Family Benefits
- What Documentation Do I Need for an L-1A and L-1B Visa?
- What is the Process for an L-1A and L-1B Visa Like?
- What are the U.S. Immigration Service (USCIS) filing fees?
- What are the Fees of our Boston Immigration lawyers to Petition for an L-1A or L-1B Visas?
- Where can I get more Information?
What Is the L-1 Visa?
There are two kinds of L visas:
- L-1A Visa-for employees in an executive or managerial position, and
- L-1B Visa-for employees in a specialized knowledge capacity
The L-1 Visa is a non-immigrant work visa for employees in a specialized knowledge capacity or an executive or managerial position who are being transferred from a foreign company to a U.S. subsidiary, branch, affiliate or parent of the original foreign company. There are no limits to the number of L-1 visas that the U.S. Immigration Service can issue per year and the petitioning company does not have to obtain a prevailing wage approval or file any documents with the Department of Labor. L-1 visa aliens may possess dual intent, allowing them to apply for a permanent residency concurrently with the L Visa application. L-1A aliens do not need to go through the labor certification process when applying for permanent residency, however, L-1B aliens do.
There is a premium processing option for L visa petitions filed in the US, which for an additional filing fee, the U.S. Immigration Service will commit to process the application within 15 business days from receipt of the application. This does not mean that there will necessarily be a final decision in 15 days, but that there will be a response by this time. This response may be a visa approval, a denial or it may also include a request for additional documentation. By working with an L1 Visa attorney, you can help streamline the sometimes complex L-1 and L-2 visa processes. Click here for more information on premium processing.