Preparing Our Office for the Gradual Restart of In-Person Meetings
As you all know, our team has continued working diligently for our clients remotely during this pandemic and this week we are getting prepared for the gradual reopening of our office for in-person meetings with clients and potential new clients. Our priority is to keep everyone safe, so initially we will continue to hold as many meetings as possible via telephone and video conference, limiting in-person meetings to those which are necessary. In addition, our office will be adhering to the following safety protocols:
- Conduct virtual and telephone meetings instead of in-person meetings whenever possible
- In-office appointments will be limited to one person per meeting, unless specified by our office (for example, a marriage-based residency when both partners may be required to come). Children, family members and friends may not come to the appointment (we believe having extra people in our waiting area is not in the best safety interest).
- If you are scheduled for an appointment, please come at the specified time (not earlier or later) as we want to limit the amount of time people are in our waiting area.
- We will not be able to attend anyone without a scheduled appointment, even if it is only to drop off documents.
- If you have scheduled an appointment and you do not feel well or you are sick, have been in contact with a person with Covid-19, or have travelled to a country outside the U.S., please let us know and we will reschedule your appointment.
- All visitors must wear masks (it is also a requirement of our office building).
- Visitors are required to sanitize their hands upon arrival (sanitizing gel will be available in our wait area)
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others.
- Elevators should be used by one person at a time, unless additional users are from the same household
- Our workspace and conference room will be maintained clean with disinfectant
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
We are very proud of how our clients and team members have learned to manage working remotely and in our “new normal” environment to continue making progress in our client’s cases. We are looking forward to addressing your legal needs and we encourage you do so at your earliest convenience, as generally it is easier and more probable to obtain a positive resolution when legal issues are addressed promptly. Even though we do not know for certain when the USCIS will be fully functioning, it is important to remember that they are still accepting immigration petitions.
If you need help with any immigration, criminal defense and/or personal injury legal matter, please call our office to schedule an appointment with one of experienced Boston lawyers at: 617-303-2600. We will be happy to help!
Desmond P. FitzGerald &
The FitzGerald Law Company Team