Apply for H-1b Visa or for Employment Green Card?

Dear friends,

As we do every year, we would like to remind you that this is the time to prepare to file H-1b visas.  (work visas for Professional Employees).

The USCIS starts accepting applications on April 1st, every year, for the H-1b visas that are issued in October of the same year.  Our recommendation is to start preparing the applications as early as posible so that they are sent no later than April 1sts, as by law the number of H-1b visas that are granted every year are limited (read about H-1b visa limits).

Recently, many employers have decided to apply directly for their employees’ green cards, since the wait time for these, according to the Visa Bulletin, has been significantly reduced.  This is a great alternative for those who already have an H-1b visa and for those who are under Optional Practical Training (OPT), since in the latter case, it may be possible to bypass the H-1b visa step and avoid entering the H-1 b visa lottery, if the green card process is started early.

Therefore, if you and your employer are interested in applying for an H-1b visa or an Employment Based US Green Card, please contact our office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment (617-523-6320 or click here to request an appointment online).

You may also visit our Web Site to read our answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the H-1b Visa and Employment Based US Green Cards

To continue bringing you valuable information in your preferred way (and if you have not already done so), we would like to ask you to please fill out our Survey about our content and new Web Site.  We value your opinion.


Desmond P. FitzGerald,
And the FitzGerald Law Company Team

Successful track record serving the Massachusetts Community for over 18 years with all their legal needs in ImmigrationCriminal and Personal Injury Law

StatisticsReview of Fitzgerald & Co
twitterfacebooklinkedingoogle plusyoutube