(Please read if you are not in the
New England Region.)
- Obama's New Waiver (I-601A) Regulation in Effect March 4, 2013
- Effect of Receiving Public Benefits and Non-Payment of Child Support on Immigration Petitions (Nov 2012)
- Deferred Action Program for Young Immigrants or Childhood Arrivals - DACA Part 2 (August 2012)
- Deferred Action Program for Young Immigrants or Childhood Arrivals - DACA Part 1 (July 2012)
- Residency and travel abroad: Avoid losing your residency (Dec. 2011)
- Cancellation of Removal/Deportation, Second Quarter 2011
- Priority Dates Advanced - December 2010
- The "U" Visa, First Quarter 2010
- Conditional Residency Newsletter, Third Quarter 2009
- American Citizenship Newsletter, Second Quarter 2009
- First Quarter 2009 Newsletter (immigration benefits for stepchildren, deportation, waivers, TPS, 245i, criminal charges and immigration)
- Is your Immigration Petition Taking too Long? You may sue the immigration service (USCIS)
- The 2008 U.S Presidential Candidates on National Immigration Reform
- December 2007 Newsletter
- Newsletter Index
Firm Overview and Mission
FitzGerald & Company, LLC is based on the principle that every client and every case is important and deserves the utmost attention of everyone on our staff. From start to finish, you can count on the complete commitment and support of every member of our team. We carefully listen to our client’s particular needs and goals to derive to the best possible solution for them and we are known for being very creative and relentless in our representation.
We are a multi-cultural firm specializing in the practice of immigration, criminal, and personal injury law (we also offer more specific information on our practice areas). Our staff is multi-lingual and multi cultural, with employees that have immigrated to the United States or are first -generation Americans. This means, that we not only understand our client’s case, but we understand where our client’s are coming from and what they are experiencing with respect to immigration.
Our lead attorney, Desmond FitzGerald, the son of an Irish immigrant himself, and married to a Colombian immigrant, decided to start his own law firm because he wanted to provide clients with innovative legal solutions and superior service. He felt a need for this type of representation existed particularly in the area of immigration law, an area with which he had a significant personal experience.
Attorney FitzGerald’s belief that all clients should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of legal status, national origin, culture, or language and the ever-growing need for effective immigration help in the U.S., drove him to develop the philosophy that is the foundation of our firm today.
The firm began in 1997 as the Law Offices of Desmond P. FitzGerald, in the North End of Boston (the Italian neighborhood). In the ensuing years the company enjoyed steady growth and a growing reputation as an immigration, criminal, and personal injury firm in the Boston area due to the extreme loyalty of our clients (approximately 80% of our business is generated by existing clients and their referrals), on account of our successful results and our dedication to customer service. In March of 2001, the firm added new members to its team as well as a professional management staff in order to facilitate its growth and increase the depth of the services it provides. The firm moved to the downtown Boston area and renamed itself FitzGerald & Company, LLC.
At FitzGerald & Company, we believe the relationship with our clients is one of our best assets and our main source of development and growth. Our relationships with our clients extend after the case ends and we continuously seek our client’s input and opinions as to how we can serve them better and make the whole legal experience an enriching and rewarding one.
We are proud of what we have accomplished so far and we are pleased to offer our services to you. Find out how we can serve you. Schedule an initial Free Consultation.
To successfully represent our clients in an environment of mutual respect that promotes client satisfaction, personal development, and company growth.
- Successful Outcomes.
- Happy Clients.
- Proud Team.
- Enjoyable Workplace.